Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Preferred smokeless

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Preferred smokeless

    What's your favorite? I was a long time Cope dipper til the price went through the roof. Discovered Red Seal Natural Fine Cut, and like it pretty well. There are so many off brands today, and the price keeps spiraling upward. Thoughts from fellow dippers? Any thoughts from anyone who has successfully kicked the habit? Dang, nicotine is a beast!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    I quit 3 years ago....... and it kills me every fall during football season. I used to dip a can per game on Friday nights and still miss it to this day. I like you was a Cope fan and switched to Red Seal Natural when money was tight. I decided to quit before my daughter was born and have been successful for over 3 years now.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    My hat's off to you. I've had varying degrees of success with quitting, but none have lasted.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My hat's off to you. I've had varying degrees of success with quitting, but none have lasted. </div></div>

    I quit once for 10 months then started back for about 2 more years then quit for good in February 2005. I still crave it but have never acted on it, I have several friends who still do it and am around it all the time so I think I am in the clear.

    It was quite an expensive habit, I am now saving $120-$150 per month from quitting.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    Used to work with a guy that mixed Beechnut chew, Juicy Fruit gum(3 sticks) and whatever dip he chose that night. I can understand ANY one, but the 3 together?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    Double Bubble and Lancaster for me..thats the only way I can chew is with some bubble gum mixed in.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    I swear I dont see how people get addicted to tobacco, esp chew or dip. Ive smoked a cigarette before and tried dip several times and just dont get it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    I agree with you. I especially shouldn't do it for a number of reasons.

    1. I've seen cigarettes harm some relatives, and it was the blamed for the death of my grandmother years ago i do believe.
    2. I'm a trumpet player. Got to keep the lungs in good shape.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    I dont like smokeless, but I usually buy a pack of Camel Turkish Golds before my 36 hour shifts on the ambulance. Ill usually just go through that pack and stop whenever that is. Just depends on how stressful the shift is. Thats the only time I want to have them.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Preferred smokeless

    Cope , Husky , Skoal and Red Seal are all made by the same company .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •